Help with Fishing Reel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey,

I recently snapped my rod in The Lakes - cheap lixada telescopic thing I found on Amazon but I enjoy a spot of fishing when I'm travelling about if I see an opportunity.

So on my return home I bought a compact Rigged and Ready carbon rod and a Daiwa E 3000C Spinning reel.

However, I note my old reel and all others I've had before allowed me to reel out and in that allowed me to give or take line as needed via a little switch. Doubt that is the correct terminology but I hope it makes sense. So to be clear I'm not talking about casting here and flipping the bail arm over.

So does anyone know why this reel doesn't have the little switch that allows that option or is it indeed there and I just not figured it out.

Thanks as ever all.

EDIT: I think I'm talking about the 'anti rewind' switch!

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Last edited:

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
Aren`t you talking about the drag setting, if so it could be on the top cap, a useful feature if you are playing a fish and helps with snap off.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
aye these cheaper daiwa reels don't seem to have them on, I bought the 5000E and they don't have them on. Not a problem if you ask me, definitely prefer to use the drag and if the backwind breaks it's a right pain!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE