Help with camp spot with loch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mohawk

Jul 2, 2013
Rowlands Castle
Hi,
I'm planning a 2-3 night stay. We want to camp in the woods but near a loch shore. I'll be traveling from Edinburgh after 5pm and don't want to get there and have set up in the dark. Any suggestions ? I was think maybe Trossachs Thanks

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Loch Lubnig (sp?) , some spots off the main road, others probs there though. Loch Venacher, near to Ben Án is another. No camping allowed on East shore of Loch Lomond now,

Loch Earnhead, all attract fishermen though.

Pete

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Hi,
I'm planning a 2-3 night stay. We want to camp in the woods but near a loch shore. I'll be traveling from Edinburgh after 5pm and don't want to get there and have set up in the dark. Any suggestions ? I was think maybe Trossachs Thanks

How will you be travelling when you leave Edinburgh?
Plenty of excellent locations in the trossachs just mind and take some midge repellant

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Loch lochy had some lovely spots on the north shore, but probably too far for you? Also I was in a canoe, so can't vouch for the parking. I can vouch for the fact that whatever midgy repellant you use it won't be enough if you are a delicate flower like me. Short of hermetically sealing myself into a bag I was going to be eaten alive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE