HELP!!! whats the best insulator for DD Travel Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't think its that simple Mike, I've done plenty of cold weather hangs with lots of CCF insulation between the layers( Stacked and side by side) and know that its as warm as my winter down UQ.
When I use my 2/rds UQ, the ends of the hammock are completely uninsulated which should cause even more condensation than with CCF, but it doesn't-I stay completely dry in this too.

The only difference between the 2 as far as I can see is a greater amount of dead space surrounding the foam pads due to increased folding, causing convective cooling between the layers.

Just to clarify, this is with my DD travel non-breathable, so the breathability of the fabric isn't a factor in this comparison

I thought bmartin1uk was referring to not having any form of insulation V UQ?

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Another plus for the underquilt.

But something that helped me, was not wearing much either, especially cotton. I sleep warm, and I used to wake up at around 3am freezing, because my sweat had cooled down and not wicked away.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
When hot warm air meets a cold surface the moisture in the air condenses on the cold surface, by using an UQ the cold surface is moved to the outside of the UQ therefore the inside of the hammock "should" stay dry.

Hadnt thought of that. Makes sense to me. I'd just put it down to the underquilt pixies

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE