help what knife to buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
I am looking at getting my first bushcraft knife and am not sure what to get. I have already got a mora and what to move up a grade. I have looked at the shing kits and like the look of the O2 kit, but not sure if i would be able to do this without messing the whole thing up. The other optsion is the fallkniven F1.

I have up to £90 and have been looking on BB site as well as here for handmade blades but it seems confusing with all the talk of different grinds and bevels.

Any help with this would be greatfully recieved, or if anyone has something for sale that would be a good move up I would be interested.

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
Firstly, what kind of knife are you looking for? Are you aiming to complement your current knife or have an alternate one? Have you thought of getting an axe, a pocket saw, a lock knife, et al?

So many questions.... :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Caleb,

The F1 is a fine knife - you won't go far wrong with it. Shings gear is highly thought of too - whether you can finish it is of course your call! Many also like the Fallkniven S1 which is in your price range (its c. £70) as it has rounder handle and different blade conformation

Alternatively wait till you see one of Penillions knives come up that you like on BB (they are madly cheap), get Tiffers to make a sheath for it and you will still get a custom knife for your £90

Red

Caleb

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2005
peterborough
I am looking for a replacement for current knife, and what and allrounder for bushcraft use. I also cary a leatherman charge that would be a backup.

I like the idea of a custom so will look at for Penillions on BB.

Thanks for the help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE