help wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby knight

Aug 22, 2007
somerset
hi all im another new boy here i intraduced myself earlyer please excuse my spelling ive not written for years and out of practice. just a quick question ive just bought a tarp from evilbay and its got 2 wholes in ,and a 3 inch by 1 inch rip whould it be ok to sew it then put some kind of tape over the top to seal it .the lad that sold it to me said he would sort it out he had 2 for sale an i bought an olive green one and he sent me a dpm one the olive was perfect an hes already posted the other to another lad so i dont realy want to send it back i only paid 10 pound so i dont want to make a fuss about it ,also im a dab hand with the needle and thread thanks in advance for your answers.nobby

Hi
just out of interest whats the tarp made from? and how big is the rip?

Theoretically though if it's not huge creative stitching (hard to know without apic but I would consider fabric tape sewn over the rip) and then seal the seams with a seam sealant (most outdoorsy shops sell tem for tents)or similar should be ok I would think.

I've no idea how useful this is to you but ....

Cheers Tim:)

ps I'd be a bit fed up though if I had bought it as undamaged, and then it turned up with two holes and a rip

nobby knight

Aug 22, 2007
somerset
hi tim thanks for the answer, i read the label and it says cotton ,it seem to be covered in some thing like poly on one side which make it shinny hope this helps thanks nobby

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
did you pay with Paypal mate or a credit card? if so i think a little email is in order and a refund as the item is not as described! so there for not fit for purpose.

by the time you have sorted the rip out and spent your time repairing it, you could have invested in a good tatonka,

nobby knight

Aug 22, 2007
somerset
i did pay with paypal dingo ,i have emailed him and he said he would sort it ,he did send the wrong one because the pic on ebay was olive green and said it was perfect ive emailed him some pics and im waiting for a reply im not the sort of person to cause a fuss i would rather mend it if i could at the price ive payed i know ive been cheated but it seems he want to help ,some people dont even answer emails on ebay when ive had problems before .thanks nobby

got to agree with Dingo nobby, you will prolly spend as much as paid for the tarp to get it right.
That said though the shiny stuff is prolly a silicone waterproofing (guess). If your happy with what you got for your cash fair play patch the holes and then seal the seams tape and seal the rip and give it a go, has to be worth a try?
Tim

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
you might as well go through the motions of dispute, it costs nothing but a little time whilst your browsing, in the mean time, get busy repairing so you at least have some cover for the inclement weather!

good luck mate.

ADam

nobby knight

Aug 22, 2007
somerset
just as an update, the lad that sold me the hootchi said he was possative there was no damage to it before he posted it ,sounds like he thinks i damaged it to get my money back ,what a laugh i have bought over 150 items and have 100 persent feedback and ive never had any one accause me of such a thing i feel really angry ,,and i told him so i told him i was within my rights to claim my money back thru paypal as he sent a diffrent item than the one he had for sale ,he said he could not give me all my money back as he could not afford to .loose out ,ive not asked for my money back i just wanted the item i bid on i dont think he can see my point im trying to get accross i just wanted the one i bid on that was supposed to be in perfect condition , i told him i did not want any money back but he should watch what he was selling and check it over before he posted it he,s only sold four items so far and he should learn to check thing first and not accuse people of something they havent done ,i also said i wont leave feedback because i feel angry and hes only just started out on evilbay and i dont want him to start on a wrong foot i just want him to learn a lesson that not every one is a rip off merchant.nobby

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
The dispute console on ebay is there for just what you are describing. If you paid using paypal you will be able to make a claim that the item as 'not as described'
This is a simple process to stop such disasters occuring. Remember that if this item was correctly packaged (you also pay for this in the p & p) it would have arrived un-damaged and you would have been satisfied.

I hope this helps.

Swyn.

You can also live with petty feedback, remember, you have the last line there too. S

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Perhaps you shouldnt buy from someone who has such a low rating anyway.

(I learned that one the hard way too)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE