Help to ID smock.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Just got the MTP PCS smock I ordered but to my surprise it does not have the mesh drop-liner that I have seen them having on the internet. Instead the drop-liner is cloth fabric, seems to be same fabric (50/50 PolyCotton) as rest of the smock. In all other aspects (covered buttons) it is identical with all the MTP PCS smocks online so it is definetly not CS95

Label is marked: Smock 2, Combat, Windproof, MTP, PCS, CU
NSN: 8415-99-396-6000

Can´t say if I´m dissapointed or not, mesh would be better ventilating but fabric lining probably will last longer without getting holes.

So any idea about how new or old my smock is. Thank You!

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Its the standard smock, the mesh was removed some time ago due to it wearing badly against the velcro or whatever was in the pockets. The new type are much better, thinner fleece in the handwamers and with zips on them now too. I was glad to exchange mine for a version with proper fabric since i had big holes in the mesh, useless.

Tonyuk

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Thank you, Tony.
Yes, I forgot to mention about the zippers on the handwarmer pocket (my smock have them). When looking online, no-one of the used MTP PCS smocks seemed to have a zipper there.
So if I understad you correct I have the latest model?
My smock came packed in a heat-sealed plastic bag and seems to be totally new and unused.
As you can see I live in Finland and ordered the smock from a finnish webshop. Where they get them from, I do not know.

There is a this video on Youtube that made me want a MTP PCS smock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzlshwzlN_w

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Id be interested to see this smock as i have the mesh pocket version, and the vecro sticking to it is a pain , where did you buy yours herman?

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Just had it confirmed by two different places, they are called 'Smock 2', here is one on E Bay 382037695761.

I liked the Mesh lining where you could open the vertical chest pockets and use them for extra ventilation.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
where did you buy yours herman?
A finnish web shop: http://www.erareppu.kotisivukone.com/tuotteet.html?id=29/302

A whole lot of nothing in the description of the jacket so it was a shot in the dark about what I would receive.
Description:
Brit. Kommandojacke "Smock", MTP tarn, tuulenpitävä, army-ylijäämää. Uudenveroinen.
Brittiläinen commandotakki "Smock" MTP -kuviolla uusinta PSC-mallia. Takki on tuulenpitävä.
Kangas kestävä ja hengittävä 50/50 (puuvilla/polyesteri).

Translation:
Brit. Kommandojacke "Smock", MTP tarn, windproof, army surplus. As new.
British commandojacket "smock" MTP-pattern. Latest PCS-model. Jacket is windproof.
Fabric sturdy and breathable 50/50 (cotton/polyester)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
As Tony mentions, this is the latest version of the smock. You will also find that the blanking patches on the upper arm pockets do not have a huge stiff square of velcro, but instead a strip of velcro around the edges to get rid of the widely complained about 'bat wing' effect.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
@ The lord Poncho

Yes I noticed that when I removed the Union Jack from one of the patches. I´m not british and also I do not want any nationality or military patches since I´m a civilian person. Actually I think it is even illegal to wear military patches as a civilian, at least patches showing military rank are illegal.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
@ The lord Poncho

Yes I noticed that when I removed the Union Jack from one of the patches. I´m not british and also I do not want any nationality or military patches since I´m a civilian person. Actually I think it is even illegal to wear military patches as a civilian, at least patches showing military rank are illegal.

I'd just unpick the velcro then, probably also a good idea to cut the wire and the inch odd of fabric attaching it on too, but only if your actually planning on using the hood. If not the wire keeps it rolled up neatly, so best left on.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE