Help to find a Pot to accompany Eagle Product Kettle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
I know a few of you on here have an Eagle Products 0.7 Litre Kettle. And some with the bigger 1.5L

I own the 0.7L kettle ant It's awesome, I have used it for several years and now I would like a companion Pot.

List of requirements.

1. The kettle has to nest inside (upto the lip maybe?)

2. Stainless Steel with a Copper Bottom?

3. Be approx 1L maybe a little more, just big enough for the kettle to sit inside.

Photos of the above combinations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
What about the Eagle products pot with a copper base.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Can you confirm that it's a good fit, the pots seem quite large, I did think of that to start with, but they are unavailable everywhere, like the kettles.

The only one I could find even a kettle for sale is in Australia!

Mine is the old kettle without the copper bottom.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Not sure if he can help you but MartinK9 had a set of the eagle pots. You could ask where he got them from. Seem to think it was Norway but could be wrong.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Not sure if he can help you but MartinK9 had a set of the eagle pots. You could ask where he got them from. Seem to think it was Norway but could be wrong.

Norway mate, but Ray sells them now:

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/1382-Eagle-Products-Lavvu-Set/

IIRC the 1.5 litre kettle fits inside the small pan.

47547385582_0cc5d94896_c.jpg

Reactions: GordonM

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Ray Mears Website sells the Eagle Products "lavvu set" which consists of 9.2L, 6.2L and 4.0L for a £150. They are sold out if you want to buy individually.

They also sell a smaller 3.2L pot for £40 which is also out of stock.

So your saying the 1.5L Kettle fits into the 3.2L pot?

However a 1.5L kettle is too big for myself, even if I take one of my kids or a friend...

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The other option that I know works is the small kettle fits inside the MSR bowl which fits perfectly inside the 16 cm zebra billy.
This would give you big pot to cook in and two bowls to either cook or eat from and a kettle plus a little storage space inside.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Out of curiosity what's the diameter of the eagle kettles. I have a set of four tatonka pots and could measure them to red which kettle would fit which pot best.

Reactions: shaneh

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
Out of curiosity what's the diameter of the eagle kettles. I have a set of four tatonka pots and could measure them to red which kettle would fit which pot best.

Thank you that would be amazing...

However I would measure mine. But it's in a stash on the woods some miles from here...

Thought of an idea, which means refiguring all my kit, replacing what I carry and using the kettle with a pot combination...

Maybe somebody else can help with the size of a 0.7L and a 1.5L Kettle diameter please.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I have the 1.5L eagle kettle, in its bag it fits nicely into the 2.5L Tatonka kettle with a little room on the top for e.g. the kettle’s pan handle.
Preper.

Reactions: shaneh

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This thread has just cost me £35 replacing the 1.5l kettle. :biggrin:

Thor has them cheaper than Ray, even with the shipping from Norway.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
They really are the best kettle I have used.

They’re lovely. Only problem I had was the lid being a loose fit and sometimes falling off while pouring the last of the water. I reckon there’s an easy fix by gently bending one side of the rim, like most teapots have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE