Help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Does anyone know of a good source for foam?

I need the dense kind that you get in Peli cases or that egg box style stuff which they use to soundproof recording studios. I only need a couple of square foot but they only links I can find supply minimum quantities of 100sq ft.

It is a resource so I thought this subsection was relavent.

I need it to line a container to protect stuff from banging around (kind of).

Thanks in advance

Bill

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Another possibility, if you've contacts in the right places (you could try dealers) is the crap that you find in the bottom of large calibre ammo boxes. Mortar rounds, 105's and the like. dealers frequently sling it out before selling the boxes so try asking.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I've been looking at that Jak but I think cushion stuff is too squidgy and often thick. The camera shop idea sounds good I just hope they don't charge loads for it. The ammo box stuff is exactly it as well but I will have to look for a dealer.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

Bill

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Bill,

I run a desptach department, we've got stuff like that coming through from time to time....I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can find.

Is it a permanent thing? If not I can send you Air-Pack by the mile if you like?

Phil.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thakns phil but air-pack wont do the job I don't think. If you find anything like dense foam that would be great. Have you seen the Peli cases I mentioned? Something similar to the lining in them would be ideal.

Cheers

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I have found a place on the edge of Bedford which supplies foam of all kinds for big contracts but I emailed them and the bloke said come down and we will see what we can do. Fingers crossed he will have some offcuts lying around.

Bill

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
top row of Norwich market has a stall that only sells foam! oposite/next to the naff surplus stall. :biggthump

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
tenbears10 said:
Thakns phil but air-pack wont do the job I don't think. If you find anything like dense foam that would be great. Have you seen the Peli cases I mentioned? Something similar to the lining in them would be ideal.

Cheers

Bill

No worries about the air-pack, didn't think it was what you wanted but thought I'd check.

I'm also not sure what a Peli case is but I do have two nice bits of foam that I grabbed last night after I logged off. they are about a foot square, and 1.5" think....used to cushsion PC Mother boards in cardboard boxes....any use to you?

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
lol....nowt matey....as I said I run the dept :eek:):

PM me your address and I'l send them out this evening via city-link couriers..... or if you're not in a rush I can bring them to ashdown for the meetup....I think you're going aren't you?

Let me know either way Matey. :lol:

(Ah....just one point....they are pink....does that matter? )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE