help needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
a while back i stumbled accross a thread about boiling rice in a piece of bamboo, but when i searched today under different key words it played "hide-and-seek" with me. can somebody piont me genious in the right direction please?

thanks

"disappointed by the monkeys, god created man. then he renounced to further experiments." mark twain

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
a peice of bamboo about 2 inches in diameter cut so that one end is still sealed and the whole length is about 10-12 inches long fill to about 3 inches from the top with rice and then cover with water ,seal the end with leaves and place in the hot embers of a fire for 20-30 minutes . the leaves will allow steam to escape and hey presto cooked rice.

gave it a try yesterday evening at the river and beside one slightly burned corner(as i used a piece of bamboo which was chopped down a few days back and which already started drying out) it came out quite nice. only the main course(a.k.a. "fish") was on a diet and kept away from my lines... . :puppy_dog

"disappointed by the monkeys, god created man. then he renounced to further experiments." mark twain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE