Help needed. turned wooden bowls

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Hi all.
no doubt most of the skilled guys on here have seen my thread regarding shave soap.
my mrs and myself have been toying with the idea of presenting the soaps in small turned wooden bowls with lids if possible.
the amount needed depends on the demand for the pre filled bowls.
these bowls must have an internal capacity of about 100 grams of soap.
could any wood turner on here do these for us.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If no one comes forward, then pm me and I can recommend a local woodturner who makes spindle whorls for me for the kits that I sell at reenactors and craft markets.

cheers,
Toddy

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thank you so much. id tried a local guy this morning and he was asking a price which was more like a phone number:)
id much rather the bowls come from a member on here but if like you say no one comes forward then I will get back to you thank you. GB

If no one comes forward, then pm me and I can recommend a local woodturner who makes spindle whorls for me for the kits that I sell at reenactors and craft markets.

cheers,
Toddy

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
My bowls are not the cheapest and folk tend to buy them because they specifically want a bowl made on a pole lathe. If it's an add on to soap you probably want power lathe turned bowls. If you want good numbers of well made bowls with lids you need a good production turner Gary Rance is probably the best there is at that sort of thing. If on a tight budget or wanting low numbers then contact your local branch of the AWGB and you will find local amateurs happy to help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE