Help needed from Italy - Trip planning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viandante

May 30, 2011
Italy
Hi folks!
Except for first hallo/introduction message (long time ago), I never posted in this forum, but I've been always reading it. First because of my poor English.
I'm from Italy (Abruzzo National Park) and I'm now writing to get some precious advices.
Hope you'll find a bit of time to reply..
I'm going to pay a visit to an old friend currently living in Gloucester. I'll stay there for 2-3 days (end september). I'd take the chance to spend a half day walking/wandering in the area, possibly not too far from Gloucester.
I've never been in UK and my friend lives there since last June, so he doesn't know any good walk in the woods yet.

Any suggestion? I've been trying with Google, but your country is so full of wonderful places that I don't know where to start from!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luca

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hi
Hii used to live in the west of england. From Gloucester you could quiet easly get to the mendip hills around Glastonbury village . There you will have some great walking and a very unique village to visit

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
New forest would be a very nice visit , mendip hills or cross the svern into wales , enjoy

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
If you've only got half a day to spare, 'May Hill', 'Crickley Hill' and the 'Malvern Hills' are good places to Google as they have wonderfull views of the area and are close to Gloucester. Or go anywhere in The Forest of Dean for some great walks in the woods - Google the 'sculpture trail Speech House' for a good example.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE