HELP! need a shoe pattern

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks im after some patterns to make myself some turnshoes. preferably norse styled like the jorvik shoes or tallboots.

the thing is i ordered tons of leather from leprevo special offers thinking it was firm veg tan i could use for sheaths but instead its 2.5mm and very soft not sure if its been chrome tanned?. its oxblood red too. so far iv been making quivers from it but fancy making some shoes or boots as its now getting a little too cold to go around barefoot (with my poor circulation anyway!)

iv done a search through the forum but the search function is pants so any additional help would be great cheers

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
...........and if you take a 3, 4, 7, 8, or 9 in a shoe, if you send me an address I'll copy out my pattern for Viking turnshoes/short boots, with the triangular heel flap, and post it to you.
If WaterGypsy takes a three then I can recommend the pattern :D

Google for Marc Carlson, and you'll find a goldmine of pattern styles to play around with.

cheers,
M

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Would any thing like interest you chap, if so i can take better pics of pattern and text,:)

282090_10151256356014073_697111160_n.jpg

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Ooh Southey do you mind sharing the name of that book you have there cause you just tickled my excitement, have been looking for some shoe/mocs patterns for quite a while now.
Yours sincerely Ruud

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
If I may hitch a ride on this thread, does any one have a turnshoe/boot pattern suitable for big fat wide (flippers) 9s?

What sort of thickness of leather do you reckon for the soles?

Cheers!

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE