Help I've melted my rubber seal on my Swedish Army Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
After ten years I have finally done it and melted the rubber seal, the seal had come out of the lid and was on the top of the trangia, in the dark never noticed it and it melted.:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

The big questioned where can i get replacement rubber seals, if anyone one knows, it will be out there on the site, so HELP Please. :headbang::headbang:

Crowe

Nomad
Jan 18, 2008
Noewich. Now living in Limosin France
Sorry to hear that. The seal is a standard fuel and oil proof "O"ring (oil seal) usualy nitrile or silicone. These are avare available from Hydraulic, Bearing and Seal Factors suppliers eg Pirtec. They are sized by diameter and thickness. So take the old one with you and you can compare from the display. Hope that this helps.

Crow

PS I think the diameter of the SAT Burner is different to the Trangia so the seal diameters will be different.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
First of all thanks for the info will give them a ring tomorrow and Rik, I have a trangia but the swed is an old friend and its more versatile.

finbo

Aug 12, 2011
East Lothian
Done the same with mine but managed to get a replacement on e-bay for a quid. Use my Trangia loads and it`s a great bit of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE