Help, I need Photos of kids doing bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, this is a bit unconventional I know.

I’ve been approached by the Times for some photographs of children doing bushcraft for an article that they’re doing in one of their magazines. I know that some of you have been to meets with the kids, or you’ve got children that you do bushcraft with. Could those of you that feel inclined to pass on pictures PM me and we’ll sort something out.

What you need to remember is that I need permission to use the photos as they’re of children, that needs to come from the parent or guardian. They’re also going to have to be of quite good resolution.

I’m not sure how they’ll be credited, if at all.

If anyone can help it’s appreciated

Thanks
T

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I may be able to help you there.... but you'll have to wait till next week before I get the CD of the pics from the course I ran over the easter hols.... I have parental permission to use the pics for a websitesite or publications for the projects.... I dont see any problems with them agreeing for them to go national ..... but I'll check with them ;)

When do you need them by?

:D
Ed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got this old shot of Jo'anne and myself out and about a few years back. This was in a medium sized wood in Hameln of Pied Piper fame. It had been very dry that year and therefore I went with the trangia stove. I'm not very photo genic, but she makes up for it I think!!

2003_0814_150936AA.jpg

If it's no use due to my mug, I have a few with just her sat under the basha! I really should take more pictures of us when we are out and about, she is nearly six now!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I have a few Tony, of my son and his mate at Balcombes Copse, you know the ones I'm sure, but I will run it passed my wife before committing (I'll ignore the scouting ones as it might be problematic...then again...tell you what I'll see what I can do). When do you need to know?

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I hate it when the nationals do this. If they're not going to pay for the use of the photos then you should insist that they credit the photographer at the very least.
And whatever you do don't sign over any open rights to use of the photos. Give them permission to use it for one publication, or next thing you know it will be repro'd without your consent. And you can bet the national will charge for passing it on.
(Sulking freelancer :cool: )

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
spamel said:
I've got this old shot of Jo'anne and myself out and about a few years back. This was in a medium sized wood in Hameln of Pied Piper fame. It had been very dry that year and therefore I went with the trangia stove. I'm not very photo genic, but she makes up for it I think!!

2003_0814_150936AA.jpg

If it's no use due to my mug, I have a few with just her sat under the basha! I really should take more pictures of us when we are out and about, she is nearly six now!

If you're happy then send some on to me spamel. ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Marts said:
I hate it when the nationals do this. If they're not going to pay for the use of the photos then you should insist that they credit the photographer at the very least.
And whatever you do don't sign over any open rights to use of the photos. Give them permission to use it for one publication, or next thing you know it will be repro'd without your consent. And you can bet the national will charge for passing it on.
(Sulking freelancer :cool: )

I hear ya. I'm going to make sure they're nailed tight ;)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Tony

You can use any of the ones of my son (as in my gallery) I have others along the same lines. You will also be able to use the one of the scout blowing on the crampball (without the pixelated face) if you so wish. have a large version I can email to you. Just let me know what you want.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for all the responses about photographs. It would seem that they no longer want them! So, my apologies to you all for rushing about getting things together.

Saying all that I would appreciate people still sending me them so that if it happens again I can have them ready, it would also be good to use them on different parts of the site etc. So, anyone that feels inclined I'd still appreciate them, although as of now they're not going in the times!

But I've got another request...A new thread I think!

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
Presume the photos were wanted for the bushcraft article ("Where Kids can go Wild") that appeared in Saturday's Times.

They had pictures of children doing bushcrafty things - must have got them from another source.

Trevody

May 30, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Hi Tony
What type of quality as in mega pixals would you generally be looking for if they were to be used for publications?
I tend to set my camera to get max number of photo's, just wondered for future reference as I've got a couple of events this summer where young uns will be involved.

Trev :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's a hard one in as much as it depends on the size of the picture. I usually take them at 3mb and up, although I know smaller resolutions can be used. There's people on here that know far more than me and I'm sure they'll be able to answer more accurately. Most seem to ask for 300dpi or better

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE