HELP!! i cant upload a photo album on flickr.. why?

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Hi guys, iv been spending the last few hours trying to upload an album on flickr but its my first time and to be honest its doing my head in... Iv created an account but i cant even download one picture? Has this happend to anyone elts out there?

Any help would be muchly appreciated as iv got a load of stuff to go up in swap shop and on here..

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
i only use photobucket but its working fine... sign in- press upload picture- select what you want to upload and they save to your account- when you want them just copy the direct link :)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Nice one ben.. ill give it a bash! can you upload an album with a fair few pictures in all at once. Thats why i dont use image shack any more, due to only being able to download one image at a time.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
If your having trouble posting pics here is a step by step guide I posted a while back and a follow on from Beenn's advice...

First open a free account with Photo bucket.

Then you need to upload pics from your computer to your photo bucket album.

In photobucket there is a green tab with 'upload now' on it. Click this and a larger green banner comes on that says 'select photos and videos'.

Click this and a box opens and at the top there is a drop down bar. I use this and select pictures. All your pictures should appear in files in order of date.

Now to your last question....

Click the group of pics file you want to upload to photobucket and all the pics in that file will appear. You then select them individually for upload by double clicking on them or as a group by holding down the control key and clicking each pic. When you have a group all highlighted in light blue you then click on the open tab and they will all upload together.

You will then be directed back to photobucket while the pics upload. Once the upload is complete click the blue 'save and continue to my albums' tab.

Once in your album go to the first pic and press edit. You need to re-size your pics for forums so they are not too large.

Click the resize tab and go to the 'preset sizes' bar and use the arrows to select the size you want. 640x480 is a good size.

Click 'apply' and when done click the 'replace original' tab at the bottom of the pic.

The page will change and the re-sized pic will come up. To quickly re-size other photos, on this page at the top right of the pic is a 'previous/next' tab. Use these to select other pics then hover the cursor over the new pic and a menu bar will appear along the top of the pic.

Hover over the resize tab and a drop down bar will appear. Select the size you want and click again. A box will appear and click OK.

Once you have resized all your pics click the albums tab to return to your album.

When you want to send a pic to a forum you select the IMG code under the pic you want to send and right click and copy.

Back on your post on the forum you just right click and paste the IMG code.

Sounds daunting but very simple once done a few times.

HTH,

Steve.

Last edited:

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Cowboy
when I upload photos on Flickr you can upload multiple images but not by selecting a folder of images.
After you have selected upload photos option on flickr
You have to open the folder with the photos in hold down control key and then click on all the images you want to upload.
Once you have selected them then click open and they should appear in upload box on flickr page

hope this helps

Chas

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Thank you so much for your time fellas, it appear im on the right track now with photobucket! I shall be posting the pics up as soon as they have loaded!!

cheers again!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
If you want to upload a full album open the album and highlight all images (just by drawing a square around them with the mouse)

If single images hold Ctrl and click the photos you want to upload

and if you want to upload say 4 images that are next to each other just highlight the 4 using a square with the mouse :)

Hope this makes sense :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE