Help and warning with fungi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi all
I had intended to stay out all weekend in the woods with my tarp. Just after I had finished setting it up I started to get this stinging sensation around my mouth. This quickly spread to my cheeks and my forehead. I quickly applied some antihistamine cream.

After getting this feeling I started looking round for a likely culprit for the reaction and the only thing I could find was a rotting piece if oine with this ice type of mould/fungus on it.

I had no phone signal where I was so I decided to pack up and travel back home just incase the symptons got any worse. Three hours later I felt fine and no rash or makrs developed.

Is this likely to be the culprit. Here is a picture of the log.

P1020192.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Anybody can be allergic to anything. I have a very simerlar reaction to rodent dander, it took about six attacks before I could work out what caused it. The places I reacted in had nothing common; sorting a finds bucket in a museum, clearing over growth of weeds, a can of coke from a dirty shop, a clean pet shop, eventually I handled a pet mouse, and the reactions made sense. It started to get serious, with asthma like symptoms as well as a rash, and then it just went away, i got in the habit of bringing antihistamine tablets with me. Any breathing difficulty you should go to hospital proto, some pharmacies do allergy testing, it is worth finding out properly what is causing it.

It could be the fungi spores, they are pretty allergenic, or it could anything esle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE