Help/advice. LEZ penalty charge.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Yup. Ignorance if the law is no excuse. Enshrined in our culture. Rightly so in most circumstances.

I will be submitting an honest and open appeal to their better judgements.

Worth a try.

I ha e not found anyone who has appealed successfully to date. That tells me a lot. An appeals process should yield SOME successes, surely?

Wish me luck!!

Best of luck bud, if you try and fail then at least you've done everything you can. We've all got experiences that stick in the throat unfortunately.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Feel sorry for you but I fear you may have to pay it, even ask if it can be broken down into payments.
The one time I was done for a traffic violation was for speeding in a temporary restricted zone. I'd been travelling my usual B road route and joined the A road at a junction. The point where I joined the A road was within the temporary 40 MPH zone. Unfortunately the signage for it was a mile or two down the road from the point where I joined.
I recieved the fine through the post, well I accepted that I'd been speeding but also pointed out why I had done so in the letter back to them. I wish I hadn't though as as I'd questioned it I recieved a higher fine and extra points on my licence for my trouble. At this point I just kept my head down and paid. (Though it was a slight badge of honour as it's not every day that a clapped out old Landrover gets done for speeding. He you have to try an see a bright side).

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Good luck. Remember to avoid using phrases like "Thieving toe rags", "Shyster" and "Licensed highway robbery" they can be funny about stuff like that ;)

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Good luck. Remember to avoid using phrases like "Thieving toe rags", "Shyster" and "Licensed highway robbery" they can be funny about stuff like that ;)

Probably because they don't like hearing the truth.

It makes my blood boil reading things like this, yet another money making scam that will only affect people that the Govt. Gestapo know will tow the line and cough up :banghead:

Last edited:

Kooga

Jul 22, 2015
Sussex
Well chuffed for this!
You came here for help/advice... turns out you're the one to talk to on the subject :cool:
Well done that man

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Fantastic result. I must admit I am very surprised I didn't think you had a chance in hell. I'm glad common sense prevailed and well done for getting a result.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Aye. It feels great to get a positive result. Lots of research and advice from others around the country helped.

My appeal was based on the following;

It was my first time in the LEZ. This should result in a warning letter that states you will be fined NEXT time you enter LEZ

I was performing as a musician and needed to transport my equipment.

I focused my tone on acknowledgement and that a warning letter would have the desired effect in terms of enforcement.

Happy days!! 😎

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Congratulations Malley,
Always good to hear a good news result and I must admit that it appears to be a fair outcome; I did think you were on a hiding to nothing at first.
An affirmative thank you letter as mentioned would be good as plus letters to bodies are taken note of and it may encourage them to be kind to others in the future so spreading your good fortune.
The company I used to work for paid close attention to to both types but it was great to hear nice stuff from folk.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Will do Dave. I didn't realise that's where I'd be staying until late in the night in question. First time there. Seemed like a country village in the city?!! :)

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Congratulations Malley,
Always good to hear a good news result and I must admit that it appears to be a fair outcome; I did think you were on a hiding to nothing at first.
An affirmative thank you letter as mentioned would be good as plus letters to bodies are taken note of and it may encourage them to be kind to others in the future so spreading your good fortune.
The company I used to work for paid close attention to to both types but it was great to hear nice stuff from folk.

Yes. A positive feedback e-mail will be sent today. As you say, it may be a way to influence future reviews/appeals. I would suggest these people rarely receive much in the way of positive feedback.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE