Hello

May 8, 2005
lincolnshire
Hi everybody
It's great to find a site that embodies everything I have been interested in for so many years, my wife will have to stop saying that Ray Mears is my 'Best Friend' now. Last year we made our first ever real wilderness trip, we went to Algonquin provincial park in Ontario Canada for a weeks canoe trip, at last a chance to try out all the skills I have practiced for so long. It is an amazing place masses of wildlife on our first day we got to 20m of a pair of moose the bull was huge 6ft tall at the shoulder a memory that will stay with us for ever.the camping was something else a lake the size of Ulswater to ourselves no crowds, no litter just mother nature and a canoe paddle . All we have to do now is save up again to go back.
Thanks once again for a great site
Beaver Hater

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Mate and welcome to the site, it's great to have you ;) It sounds like you've had a great experience in Canada, we've a few members here from over there.

If you've any questions just ask, there's always someone that will be able to point you in the right direction. If you're up for a bit of travel pop down to the meet up, down south between Oxford and Reading, if you're interested have a look here

The guys and girls on here are great and I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

Have a good one :D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hi BH, you lucky lucky.........
Sounds like a great trip it supposed to be beautiful there, and just a stones throw from Toronto, hmmmm now you have me thinking :D Did you hire a canoe over there ? Did you take a trail or just wing it ?
Anyhow welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy it here

Cheers
Rich

May 8, 2005
lincolnshire
Hi Familne, Ther is not much wrong with beavers except they keep building dams across every river we were travelling on after the first couple of days every time the water level started to drop we new there must be another one round the corner

May 8, 2005
lincolnshire
hi Rich we hired all our canoe and camping gear from Algonquin outfitters at Oxtongue Lake just outside the park, arranged the whole thing over the phone and internet really helpful people and the gear is all good quality even booked our park permits for us, all we had to do was turn up and paddle into the distance

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE