Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a couple of years. The Ghillie Kettle group buy finally coaxed me in.
<<Looks around to see if it's a deadfall or cage trap>>
(The DD Hammock group buy nearly got me)

Bit of an armchair bushcrafter I'm afraid, hopefully I'll be able to add something to the world of information already on this site.

Thanks are due already to the people who have assisted others on the trail of the bowdrill ember - you were a big help to me too. (Lime on Lime was the answer for me.)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi Ford welcome aboard,at some time through the year there are lots of armchair bushcrafters.

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
The bushy version of the survival towel is the shemagh.

Simon

Yes, I was following the buff/shemagh/bandana poll with interest.
I like the idea of the Mors survival scarf with the midge net, but it does look a bit bulky as a scarf as modeled by Bimble. Suppose the ripstop wouldn't be so absorbent either!

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi there FP and welcome. Fancy a cup of tea?

Nag.

Buying a 1.5L Ghillie Kettle for just that purpose!

(In truth I probably am more of an Arthur Dent character than a Ford Prefect, but I read somewhere that the name Ford Prefect would be "nicely inconspicuous")

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :) A hoopy frood, huh ? :cool:

Come and join the conversations around the virtual campfire; maybe the locals will tempt you out of the chair :D

cheers,
Toddy

FordPrefect

Nov 25, 2008
Aberdeen
Toddy, it's not temptation I need. I'm gagging to get out, at least past the back garden. The "problem" is that small children seem to use up a disproportionately large portion of time, energy and just about every other resource. Wouldn&#8217;t swap them for anything of course.
We get out for walks in the woods though. The kids are usually good for about an hour or so of that before they start complaining too heavily, and they like noodles cooked on the Trangia on occasion. I&#8217;m thinking there will be a window of opportunity when they are in their teens and I&#8217;m still fit enough to do some grander camp outs & hill walks.
Hope the outdoor access code still applies then, because it&#8217;s a fantastic thing I&#8217;m hoping to take advantage of.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE