Hello to you all out there

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I have been looking at you excellent site for some time now and took the plunge and joined.

I have been interested in bushcraft now for a long time and its nice to think there is so many of like minded people out there. I get some stick from my wife who is not the out side type, 4 star hotel is as far as she will slum it and thinks sleeping under the stars as rather sad.

I'm sure you can relate with this, once the bug bites its hard to shake off, over the years my active partaking has peaked and troughed (Having the family) being keen with shooting and fishing you can always practice in some small way. it would be nice to hear how others have faired over the years, especailly now when this seems so much more dare I say, it's fashionable.

My best feeling when practising bushcraft is making the objects you actually use from knives to tentage and hunting out that little bargin.

I look forward to being a member of this commiunity :banghead:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
This is a good road Damascus! Was it a sudden conversion to bushcraft? (Sorry about the biblical references there. Too tempting)

Anyway, welcome to BCUK - it is good to find like minded folks out there when all about you doubt your sanity (I know the feeling).

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
You ask was it sudden this leaning towards bushcraft, not really I have been interested in this since the Seventies, I suppose I have never grown up.
It has been something that has always interested me being outside the country side and knowing a little something which I feel modern society is becoming lost to, some kind of link with nature, please don't think me some kind of eco nut or whatever I am sure you can get the jist of what I'm trying to say.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Thanks for the welcome, I have a question below our names it states member, full member and so forth but what is the meaning of some of ou out ther who have various names underneath like native and nomad.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
The clue is in the number of posts that person has posted.

A full member is one who has volunteered a financial contribution. You get a genuine badge to prove it.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
rich59 said:
The clue is in the number of posts that person has posted.

A full member is one who has volunteered a financial contribution. You get a genuine badge to prove it.
Thanks for the info

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi Damascus and welcome.

That reminds me. I'm still waiting for my badge. ;)

I wonder which will arrive first, my Bearclaw Knife, or BCUK badge. Both seem to be hot property at the mo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE