Hello the Camp.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OurAmericanCousin

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
SoCalUSA
Howdy. I've had a poke around your site after following a link to a thread, read the rules, and decided I'd throw my hat in.

I was raised in, and continue to live, a rural lifestyle. Always loving to read, my youth was spent reading about all the classic heroes and tales of my country's history (USA). A healthy dose of Fess Parker as Daniel Boone once a week, along with his unrivalled turn as Mr. D. Crockett were viewing treats, as well. Mixing all that together, it was perhaps inevitable that I take an obsessive interest in frontier living. That quickly evolved into the 1750s to1840 time period. From Longhunter to Mountain Man, I've been at it in an organized fashion since I was able to afford it as a 19 year old kid.

28 years later, I realize I'll never be half the man my father was, my mother is a saint, animals are almost always better than people, today's cartoons are terrible, I don't sweat half the stuff I agonized over in my youth, the WWII generation truly was the greatest, the best gals don't care if you're bald...or short....or both, and my woman is the best there is.

I don't do any modern-type camping. My extended outdoor activies and sojourns are almost exclusively conducted using pre-1840 technology.

I'm really looking forward to visiting, contributing ( what meager knowledge I may have), and learning from the group.

As the missionary said to the cannibals...."Thanks for having me." :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you and i'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences over there, it's always great to hear about different places.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
…..
Oh, bring snowshoes. Kitimat got 65+ inches in the past couple of days.

I am not even 63" tall. We don't get snow like that, even in the deepest of years we don't get snow like that.
Bet you can build brilliant things with snow like that though :D
Does it insulate or chill homes ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE