Hello. Newby here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hello, I've just joined. I've just started breeding rabbits for meat and possibly fur and I'm interested in all sorts of self-sufficiency practises.

I like working with wood and would like to practise some whittling, just ordered myself a Opinel knife No.9 as I've heard they are supposed to be good. I have some bits of wood ready, namely birch and eucalyptus.

I've yet to butcher my first bunny, so any tips or encouragement would be appreciated too. I'm also interested in edible plants you can find in the 'wilds' of the Norfolk as that is where I am.

I'm glad to find what looks to be a friendly forum for talking about these sorts of things :)

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
Hi there mate, good call on the Opinel No.9, I love mine, they have a great edge on them.

Welcome to the forum!

Rab

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
Hi Rex,
Welcome to the forum! What breed of rabbits have you got? One of my colleagues started breeding rabbits last year, he reckons he gets about 2kgs of usable meat from each one.

Cheers
Joe

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hi Rex,
Welcome to the forum! What breed of rabbits have you got? One of my colleagues started breeding rabbits last year, he reckons he gets about 2kgs of usable meat from each one.

Cheers
Joe

Hi Joe
The clue is in the name, I have Rex rabbits so I hope to make use of the fur too. I've just had my first litter born today. 10 new babies! They are far too cute lol
Thanks everyone for the welcome, it is much appreciated, I was chucked off another rabbit forum as soon as I let on I was breeding for meat!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE