Hello from the Pentland Hills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil P

Oct 8, 2014
West Lothian
The kids have all flown the coop and I'm now middle aged and semi-retired.

I've been the Hunting, shooting and Fishing type all my life. Due to a recent health scare I've decided to slow things down a lot and contemplate retirement. Of the last couple of months I've been stuck with a dilemma; caravan, mobile home, trailer tent or a huge frame tent...............what have I been thinking, as a lot of my more memorable experiences were gained somewhat less salubrious environments than a bloody caravan.

Last night was the first time in decades when I went bush and slept out on a hillside minus all the trappings of a "Modern" society: Bivvi bag and a bottle of Red, although I must admit that I'm a bit stiff today.

I thoroughly enjoyed renewing an old experience and hopefully I'll be enjoying a few more.

Regards

Phil P

Last edited by a moderator:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi and welcome , get out and do it while you still can there will be plenty time later when you can sit with your feet up in a caravan.

Craig. .....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Phil and welcome,
Yup it's the paired down and "epic" trips that often stick most in the memory.
Hope you have fun and have many more.
ATB,
GB

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
Welcome Phil, good to see a fellow scot on the forum, not been here for long myself, but it`s a very good site for hints and tips.

Scottpix waves from the other side of the Pentlands :sun:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome aboard Phil, it's a hammock yer needin' tae try, comfy as a bed and better than ground sleepin'.

Phil P

Oct 8, 2014
West Lothian
Thanks for the welcome folks.

Welcome aboard Phil, it's a hammock yer needin' tae try, comfy as a bed and better than ground sleepin'.

Hammocks are fine and in previous incarnation I slept in one all the time............they keep the "Nasties" away, apart from Tigers!

Unfortunately Caithness is known for its lack of woodwork and its overpopulation of Adders!

I tried carrying a hammock a few times in the H & I, but gave it up.

Phil.

Hey, I just noticed that this forum posts the threads backwards...........as in; most recent post at the top of the page.:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE