Hello from the Midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
I have been camping in one form or another for years, it started with music festival camping and has also been reenactment and larp. I had to stop for a few years as I had some little people come into my life, but now once again I am getting out. My girls who are 5 and 7 have been joining me at festivals and other events. We just did the Wilderness gathering which has made us all keen to both do and learn more.

I am based in Leicestershire near Hinckley and am keen to meet local people and find out about events

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I have been camping in one form or another for years, it started with music festival camping and has also been reenactment and larp. I had to stop for a few years as I had some little people come into my life, but now once again I am getting out. My girls who are 5 and 7 have been joining me at festivals and other events. We just did the Wilderness gathering which has made us all keen to both do and learn more.

I am based in Leicestershire near Hinckley and am keen to meet local people and find out about events

Welcome to the forum. Im Coventry just a junction down the 69. Lots of meets in the locality, have a look in the socail section of the forum. Ive a 7 year old daughter and she loves getting out too

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Theres a couple of good meets within an hour of us Leicesterites :) Have a look in the MeetUp section on the main forum page, under England (Mid)... White Rose and North Wood meets in particular :) And theres a nice one in Derbyshire too, Britten Wood, think they might be under the north section though...

Hopefully meet up with you sometime... I came into bushcrafting via the festys too, can't afford to go to them anymore as I spend all my pennies on buying material to make my kit- it could happen to you too, BE afraid ;)

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
I think you may be a tallish chap with longish hair tied back with a very nice leather shoulder bag?!

We chatted in the den building area about some of the other festivals you had been to including a biking one?

I would say I was the chap with short hair the beard and kilt but that could describe Chris equally accurately! :D
Glad you enjoyed WG... A fantastic long weekend without question!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Bushmanron

Mar 26, 2013
Coventry
Hi Im from coventry . I also went to bush farm wg at the weekend. I amnormally a wild camper but it was very good to see others with similar interests.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
...I would be interested in any meets in the area, I am only down the road from Coventry ...
Theres a NorthWood meet on 30 Aug-1st Sept, thread here :) All details for location etc on Post 1- note the change of date as it was previously an extended meet, tis just the last weekend now :)

Location is IRO Belfry Golf Course :)

Last edited:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hello I was from Cov until I moved to Wales, Im not sure if it is still going but there used to a regular meet in Tile Hill at a local scout camp called rough close and if you know Cov it was at the back of Tanyards farm :yikes:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Hello I was from Cov until I moved to Wales, Im not sure if it is still going but there used to a regular meet in Tile Hill at a local scout camp called rough close and if you know Cov it was at the back of Tanyards farm :yikes:
Unfortunately the Rough Close Meeters are having a wee bit of a well- earned pause at the moment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE