Hello from the Fens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spen

Feb 1, 2012
March, Cambs
Hello all , this is the first forum I have joined so tis a bit confusing at the mo :) Im sure I will get the hang of it . Already met a few members at Norwich through Whittler Kev , an old friend of mine. Love the outdoors , fungus in particular , new to Bushcraft but enjoying every minute of it !

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi Spen, welcome to the forum pal!!!
I too live in the mighty town of March, great to have another on here!!
This forum is excellent, Im new to Bushcraft and about to go to my first meet next week at Rough Close!
The wealth of knowledge on here is staggering!!
All the best
Steve

Spen

Feb 1, 2012
March, Cambs
Hello Steve, thanks for the welcome . Where is Rough Close ? Do you know Kev ? I hope to get the hang of this soon as I definately need more knowledge !

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hello Steve, thanks for the welcome . Where is Rough Close ? Do you know Kev ? I hope to get the hang of this soon as I definately need more knowledge !

Hi mate, yeah I have had some conversations with Kev on here pal, he is a top bloke and gave me some great advice!!
I am still waiting for the next Cambridge meet to come up so I can tag along with Kev lol
Rough Close is in Coventry, its on the 23rd March, if you do a search on here it will bring up loads of stuff!!
Im hoping to car share with a member on here who lives in P'boro, but if your not busy your welcome to jump in with us mate!!
Cheers
Steve

Spen

Feb 1, 2012
March, Cambs
Ok mate , prob wont be able to make that one , start a new job monday so not sure what hours I will be working yet. Went to Norwich with Kev last Saturday , nice bunch of blokes , think they got some dates coming up soon :) Thanx for the offer tho , Spen

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Ok mate , prob wont be able to make that one , start a new job monday so not sure what hours I will be working yet. Went to Norwich with Kev last Saturday , nice bunch of blokes , think they got some dates coming up soon :) Thanx for the offer tho , Spen

OK pal, well if you change your mind the offer is there!!
cheers
Steve

P.s have you found anywhere out our way to go out and do a bit of bushcraft?? there is a real lack of woodland in the fens as you well no lol

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Spen

See you have made the forums now, keep a look out for the next meet, sure kev will give you a heads up. Try for an overnighter at Hethel next.

regards

Smoke magnet

Spen

Feb 1, 2012
March, Cambs
Cheers Steve ,
dont know about any suitable woodland for bushcraft but I do go mushroom hunting at nearby Holme Fen and Monkswood , as well as some small wooded areas locally :) If youre on Facebook , check out our page " Nature of the Fens ".
Take care
Spen

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Cheers Steve ,
dont know about any suitable woodland for bushcraft but I do go mushroom hunting at nearby Holme Fen and Monkswood , as well as some small wooded areas locally :) If youre on Facebook , check out our page " Nature of the Fens ".
Take care
Spen

Cheers for the facebook heads up fella, I have just joined the group!! some amazing pictures on there!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE