Hello from Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris o

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Renfrewshire
Welcome to the virtual fire circle.

Just a quick warning in case you haven't been for a while, Glen Etive has changed a great deal recently due to logging operations, especially at the bottom end.
Hi Wayland

I wasn't aware of that I might look for a spot down by the river then, thanks for the heads up.

P.s really enjoyed looking at your sites, some cracking pics & info for a newbie, will b making my own hobo stove soon.

Chris o

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Renfrewshire
You'll have access to some good potential sites locally then Chris. Lots of good spots out at the Linwood Moss as well as loads of good places in the Gleniffer & Brownside Braes that are ideal for bushcrafting, wild camping, hammocking (if you haven't tried hammocking yet then you may well be on the verge of a new obsession)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
yeah man have been scoping out some possible sites and the Linwood moss is only twenty mins walk from my house so will need to try there. I would love to try hammocking at some point, it looks well comfy:eek:

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
yeah man have been scoping out some possible sites and the Linwood moss is only twenty mins walk from my house so will need to try there. I would love to try hammocking at some point, it looks well comfy:eek:

If you need a heads up on any good sites, particularly in the braes, feel free to give me a shout. I forgot to mention if you're up in the Moss, avoid any camping or fires near the river as the local river bailiffs or landowners will come your way pretty sharpish.

Once we're out of the drizzly stuff we're getting just now and if you fancy trying out a hammock, let me know and I'd be happy to meet up and let you have a try of one of mine. Took me a while to get my head around the various setups so can help to see one close up if it's something you consider getting into.

Chris o

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Renfrewshire
If you need a heads up on any good sites, particularly in the braes, feel free to give me a shout. I forgot to mention if you're up in the Moss, avoid any camping or fires near the river as the local river bailiffs or landowners will come your way pretty sharpish.

Once we're out of the drizzly stuff we're getting just now and if you fancy trying out a hammock, let me know and I'd be happy to meet up and let you have a try of one of mine. Took me a while to get my head around the various setups so can help to see one close up if it's something you consider getting into.
Thanks for the advice bud,
Yeah hopefully the weather improves soon as I'm itching to get out cheers.
Might be cool try the Hammock out cheers.

Haggis

Nomad
I live in Northern Minnesota, but my ancestors were from Scotland, (Henderson's, MacNeille's of Barra, Blair's, and such). I spent a week in Scotland this past June, unfortunately, none of camping or bushcrafting. Having had a look at the Highlands, I think I would like nothing more than to spend a few weeks there, in the bush. Beautiful place,,,

Chris o

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Renfrewshire
I live in Northern Minnesota, but my ancestors were from Scotland, (Henderson's, MacNeille's of Barra, Blair's, and such). I spent a week in Scotland this past June, unfortunately, none of camping or bushcrafting. Having had a look at the Highlands, I think I would like nothing more than to spend a few weeks there, in the bush. Beautiful place,,,
June last year we had some great weather, hope your week coincided with it🌞Yes it really is a beautiful wee country and the highlands especially so, I feel very lucky to live here there's some great places for bushcraft which I can't wait to start exploring😊

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE