Hello from Ontario, Canada!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
Hello, all!

My 1st introduction to "Bushcraft" probably came from the SAS Survival Guide. As a child, my friends & I would play in the woodlots near our homes, making shelters(using the term loosely), fires & other fun stuff. Imagine my surprise that there was a name for that! Picked up "Bushcraft" by Mors Kochanski & that really got me interested.

My parents' house sits on some forest land, a few hours away from where I currently live. I've always loved spending time up there, exploring the woods. Unfortunately, my job has limited how much time I have to go there. Now, when I'm able to go, I spend most of my time doing chores. Although I do enjoy clearing brush/deadfall from storms. Nothing quite like the big bonfire, at the end.

I haven't camped in years. I just enjoy nature walks & being outdoors. I enjoy travel, but it's mostly been local, with a few excursions to the Caribbean & Mexico. At some point, I'd like to make my way to SE Asia, but it'll be a matter of convincing my wife, first.

I just recently discovered Ray Mears & am trying to catch up on his programs. I'm a fan of Survivorman & Man,Woman,Wild(Wife likes that one).

Anyways, looking forward to any new info.

Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE