Hello From North Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Good Morning All!

I've joined the forum after reading a fair bit of the content and was impressed with the knowledge base and the types of topics covered..

I'm pretty new to 'bushcraft' in some respects although, I'm a recreational deer stalker and part time gamekeeper, so have grown up messing around in the woods since i was a kid. My main interest is wild camping in a woodland environment. I have a fascination with Scandinavia and really hope to do a paddling/camping holiday there this year.. I also have an interest in gadgets and kit.. who doesn't, right?

Some of you may have seen me on other forums to do with hunting/shooting/fishing etc, so feel free to say hello.

Thanks!

Flyingfisherman ;)

Mar 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.. I live on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, West of Leeming Bar.. I'd like to do more bushcraft type things around this area, but it just seems like you can't get away from people! Luckily, i have access to a few places in Scotland, where i can camp and hunt. Just a shame its 3hrs away!!

Do any of the guys from Yorkshire / NE do any wild camping type stuff locally? Any advice or tips?

Thanks again.

FFM

Mar 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.. Does anyone in the NE or Yorkshire do much wild camping? Problem i find is access and then too many people around.. Im lucky enough to have a few bits in Scotland, where i can go and wild camp and hunt.. Just a shame that its 3 hours up the road!!

Any hints/tips/advice appreciated :)

FFM

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
There's places right on your door step mate, just get ya self out doing a few reccys & exploring.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hier mate, I go fly fishing myself in north yorkshire and have been a member of a few clubs, some of whom are on the Ure/Swale, but mainly the wharfe this year. Drop me a line if you ever fancy a session...:)
I'll be on some of those other websites to. Im a member of the NGO, and wouldnt mind doing a bit of shooting....
Sounds like we could do some skill swaps.

Last edited:

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I'm thinking a few of us North Yorkshire members should get together , I know there is a north east group that meets up Newcastle way , I'd like to get something done around the coast by me and there certainly seems to be enough of us around the North Yorkshire Coast and the North Yorkshire Moors . I'd definitely be up for some skills sharing ( not that I have many ) and certainly have a wish list for 2016 that includes fly fishing amongst other things.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im not sure if i can take more than one guest at a time fly fishing, with my new club, but Id be happy to sort something out Bob, if you want to get into it.
As far as a meets concerned, the north yorkshire coastal area sounds good...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE