Hello from north Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Holly Blue

Aug 5, 2021
Lancaster
Hello from north Lancashire. Hi everyone, not sure if I introduced myself properly first time around (about 3 years ago) when I found the site while looking up info on fire lighting materials to see what other folk use. Mainly interested in uses of plants - started a long time ago when I worked as a field ecologist on vegetation surveys in the Lake District (England) - so lots of outdoor work often in isolated locations (and pre-mobile phone era - navigation skills essential to the job!) and have been on a couple of scientific expeditions - all that's a long time ago now (I'm over 60) - but still love being 'out in nature', and still adding to my knowledge (sporadically).

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi Holly, welcome to the forum :)
I have been building a database of native plant uses for a few years now (native being plants that were in Britain before the Dogger flooded). The idea being that I could build a British pre-historic mini equivalent of the Native American Ethnobotany database (http://naeb.brit.org/uses/). I've come to the conclusion that it's more than a lifetime's work :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE