Hello from Monmouthshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2020
Abergavenny
Hi all

I moved to Abergavenny in Monmouthshire about 2 years ago and spend a lot of my spare time hiking, fell running and cycling in the Brecon Beacons/Black mountains which im very lucky to have on my doorstep. I'm not new to camping, but i haven't done any back to basics/bushcraft type stuff since i was in the scouts in the mid 90's. My plan is to get a hammock/tarp setup as there is lots of remote woodland/forest near me which would be ideal for that type of camping.

Ive got a local friend who wild camps regularly year round, so planning to go out with him in the next few week, Ill be borrowing a 1 man tent, so just need to get myself a sleeping mat and bag.

Hope to become a part of the bushcraft community and get to know some of you lot. Ill be scouring these forums to research getting my initial gear sorted, pick up tips and tricks etc,

Cheers

Si

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Welcome along.
Lots of friendly and knowledgeable peeps on this 'ere forum.
Not me though.
I rarely hold the the right end of a knife :O_O: :lmao:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome to the forum.

You may be interested in this:

Reactions: cipherdias
Sep 8, 2020
Abergavenny
Welcome to the forum.

You may be interested in this:

Really like the look of this. I can't make this Otobers dates as have a weekend away booked, but will deffo be up for any future events!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE