Hello from Lancashire/NW England

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 22, 2017
Clitheroe
Hello

All new to the bushcraft life. been out a few times with a basha, knife and axe. not 100% certain on what i'm doing yet, and haven't done an overnight (yet) but loving it. great being outdoors away from everything. taking it slowly and trying to watch as many videos as i can to gain information. I have access to a small private wood where the main aim is to build a permanent shelter using the wood at hand, but for now i'm practicing with my basha and also my fire skills and the dark art if knots! i also want to learn as much as i can about the trees and wildlife in there too. its a mixture of pine and birch from what i can see and i know there is wildlife in there, so any useful info you can point me to with regards to books, links or general info on any of the above, would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of buying bushcraft 101 and Ray Mears Bushcraft for starters. Any advice on anything else and i'm all ears. thanks very much.

Great site form what i've seen so far, thank you very much for allowing me to join.

Chris

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
Welcome from across the pond.
Check out the bushcraft lessons on Bushcraft USA. They are a great way to start.
I believe one member here was the first person to rver complete the Advanced skilks.
Best thing is that it is FREE!!!

Apr 22, 2017
Clitheroe
Thank you for all your welcomes and tips. There is a great deal of information on here which is just what i need. Get ready for lots of questions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE