Hello from Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
Hi all,
Another new bushcrafter here and I live in Eastleigh in the lovely county of Hampshire(I like it so I would be biased!) I've gathered wild fungi for eating for a few years so I guess I'm not completely new to it all. I will be getting in to other aspects of bushcraft in the next few months. Does anyone know of anywhere reasonably local to me somewhere I could make shelters and/or fire?

Cheers,
Mark

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Arvensis,

Theres a few of us meeting in the Hampshire Bowman on Thursday @ 7pm. Why not come along - I'm sure someone could help with location

Red

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
British Red said:
Theres a few of us meeting in the Hampshire Bowman on Thursday @ 7pm. Why not come along - I'm sure someone could help with location

We're doing that at 7? Might be a wee bit late - need to get back from riding first.

Welcome Mark!

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
It seems theres at least 3 of us from Eastleigh and a few more nearby...is that because there's suitably local places where bushcraft can be practiced(apart from the garden?)

Thanks for the welcomes, as for Thursday, I'll wait and see what happens here.

Cheers, Mark

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mark,

Well you know where we are if you fancy it! Equally, if you ever fancy passing on your mycological skills, I'd love to learn more!

Red

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
Red,
I wouldn't exactly call them mycological skills :lmao: Joking aside fungi are fascinating and I've gone beyond just finding them for food- I also study and try to identify non-edible ones.

Apart from eating and using certain ones in fire making, there's a couple of types that dye the wood they grow on. I've got a nice bit of greenstained wood which I'm going to carve in to something decorative.

If any of us are out and about in the autumn, I'd be happy to show you fungi related things.

Mark

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Me too....I can provide parking bang on a forested walk full of fungi if that helps? Limited to about...err 6 cars I reckon........could speak nice to the farm manager and see if we can fossick in the pheasant woods? Then back to mine for tea and toast!

Anyway - if you really wouldn't mind Mark I'll grab your offer with both hands...(if its any incentive, one of my sheds has numpty hundred bottles of home made beer and wine in ;) Bit of a hobby :) Oh and the mead will be ready by then too.... :D )

Red

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
I wont garantee to identify we find... there's still quite a lot I have to learn. I'm hoping some of the deadly poisonous species would be around. The reason behind this is that it is always nice to know what they look like.

If I'm there on Thursday I can bring along some of my books if need be, oh and I'm a rather quiet person except when I get started on something I like. :lmao:

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE