Hello from Chertsey, Surrey (Near London)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 21, 2017
Chertsey, Surey
Hey!

My name's Matt.. I'm 30 years old and have always been into camping and bits of bushcraft, but haven't always had the opportunities to go out and practice what what's preached.

I've joined to try and learn from others and see if similar like minded people who are in the area want to meet up and share the knowledge we've gained (Hopefully I will have something useful to bring to the table although being relatively new).

I've got a vast amount of DIY knowledge and very able handed, it doesn't take long for me to pick up new skills.

I do a lot of car camping at the moment and have my next camping trip with the misses, dog and my siblings in the August bank holiday.

Is there any local folk around the area?

All the best
Matt

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi Matt, there is a few of us in the surrey area, more than happy to meet up :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2017
Chertsey, Surey
Thanks for the replies everyone. Nice to see there are some people fairly local :)

Do you ever setup meetups? - Everything i've learnt so far has been from watching YouTube videos or just "winging" it myself. I would love to meet up with similar like minded folk to watch and learn how you all do things.

My misses enjoys camping and used to be a scout leader which was always a good start, but there is only so much you can show each other without needing to join a group.

Do you do regular meets ?

Thanks
Matt

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Thanks for the replies everyone. Nice to see there are some people fairly local :)

Do you ever setup meetups? - Everything i've learnt so far has been from watching YouTube videos or just "winging" it myself. I would love to meet up with similar like minded folk to watch and learn how you all do things.

My misses enjoys camping and used to be a scout leader which was always a good start, but there is only so much you can show each other without needing to join a group.

Do you do regular meets ?

Thanks
Matt

I think the regular meets are in Hampshire or Sussex, if you look at the meetups area of the forum, there are a couple being mentioned coming up. The other half and I have run a couple of field archery days at the club we belong to - The Company of Sixty - at our leased woodlands in Oxshott. I dont know if we will fit one in this year thogh as we have a lot of life changes going on right now.

Cheers, Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE