Hello from Brandon, Suffolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
Welcome mate!
I too am ex forces and live in Brandon- I dot post much just enjoy reading some of the helpfull threads , very much into mountaineering but plan to get out and do more bushy stuff this year.
I get out for a night in the hammock in the forest fairly often:)
I've been out around with the dog in various areas that have been used in the past. One area with a lean to pole ready to go with a fire pit. Love what we have on our door step here in Brandon.

Scopey

Forager
Apr 26, 2012
Brandon,Suffolk
Yep me too, I'm originally from London, when I got out bought a house here with the wife, live in a road that backs onto the forest and couldn't be happier! Great for running, a Tab both usually with my dog and a sneaky night out in the hammock here n there!

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
Yesterday i walked off the beaten track looking for decent areas to practice some bushcraft and found this mess! Makes me so angry people are so lazy to take their rubbish home with them! I'll revisit over the next few days and clear that area.
Plenty of people wanting to take something out of our amazing countryside but not willing to give anything back.
Rant over... i'll get my binbagsget-attachment-1.aspx.jpg

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
Turns out that by clearing all the rubbish from that site in the forest i did a good turn, two trips full in my daysack, broken beer bottles and even full bottles! Under the moss i found a nice grill rack, just need to give it a clean off and a re-burn.:D
DSC_0272.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one there sapper, they say waht goes round comes round... they made the mess paid for it with a grill.. :)

Shame you cant make the 2nd at Orchards, looks like we got a nice group going now..

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
Yeah it's true what goes around, comes around. I may see if i can borrow a metal detector and have a look and see if theres more laying under the moss?

Unfortunately i've got other commitments at the moment (family illness) so i only really get to visit the great outdoors whilst walking the dog. I do however have plenty of time at the moment to prepare my kit, currently having a big shake up and of course i get more chance to look at BCUK.
I'll start putting more posts on the Suffolk Group.
Cheers
Nice one there sapper, they say waht goes round comes round... they made the mess paid for it with a grill.. :)

Shame you cant make the 2nd at Orchards, looks like we got a nice group going now..

Mar 2, 2013
Basildon, Essex
I know it's bit late but I'm also an ex Sapper but live in Essex. I'm originally from Lancashire so you could say I'm a bit of a hermit... Or is it Clampitt? Best years since leaving the forces were spent in New Zealand! No idea why I came back. The outdoor scenery there is breathtaking to say the least.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE