Hello from Angus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Some of you may have encountered me on some other similar forums. I have an interest in all forms of bushcraft, survival and traditional skills. I am especially interested in traditional fire-lighting techniques, wood carving and knife sharpening.

Probably the easiest way to give you a taste of my interests is to describe to you the contents of my "dangerous drawer" which I keep locked for the sake of my kids:

- A Numyth Fire Piston
- A tobacco tin containing traditional flint and steel
- A Swedish firesteel
- A plastic baggy of Amadou (bought online not homemade sadly)
- Another baggy of Chaga (ditto)
- A small pillbox full of charcloth (homemade)
- A altoids tin with a hole in the lid for making charcloth
- A Frosts Mora spoon knife
- A 12 inch folding saw
- An Opinel #8 Carbon
- An Opinel #7 Safety (my daughters for use under supervision only)
- A 6 inch Solingen bowie knife made during the heady days of the cold war
- A 2.5 inch fixed blade scout knife (very, very sharp!)
- A tobacco tin containing a homemade survival kit.
- A Silva compass
- A Fallkniven DC4 ceramic sharpening stone
- A burning glass
- A SwissChamp SAK
- A wee tub of Vaseline (lubricates fire-pistons and makes cotton wool extremely flammable)

High up on my to-do list is to see if I can find a local source of Chaga or King Alfred's Cake. The Chaga I bought online isn't exactly easy to light (except with the burning glass), but once it is alight it burns like a charcoal briquette and cannot be put out.

I am currently working in academia which truthfully I do not enjoy - spending my time lighting fires, carving wood and wondering around forests is my way of staying sane.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE