Hello from Aberdeenshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hello everyone !
I signed up to this forum several weeks ago and it has taken me ages to look through some of the wonderful threads.
I live in rural Aberdeenshire and enjoy most outdoor activities. I do a lot of volunteernig for the Scottish Wildlife Trust and the RSPB and enjoyed running an Osprey Watch project at a local trout fishery during the evenings last summer, hence the name !!
I'm looking forward to joining this great forum.
Best wishes to you all,
Doug.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
HI Osprey and welcome to the site. It strikes me that you can't be all that far from where I live in Aberdeenshire. I hope you enjoy this site as it has taught me a lot. Not only about Bushcraft but I have also 'met' some really nice people. :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Welcome, there seem to be a lot of people joining from your neck of the woods.

I hope to get together with you all when I finally get to move there in a year or two.

Let us know more about your activities please, I really enjoyed visiting the Osprey centre near Aviemore a few years ago and love that part of the world.

HAM

Sep 6, 2004
Aberdeen
Welcome Doug,

I'm also in the North East. Soon enough, we'll have the numbers for a meet up of our own.

Steve

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi everyone, thanks for your welcome messages. This is a great forum and there is so much for me to learn !
Fred, where abouts are you ? I live between Old Meldrum and Inverurie, at Bourtie, about half a mile from the ancient Kirk and stone circle.
Dougster, so you are moving up here too, we will have to organise a meet as HAM suggests.
I have one amusing story from the Osprey watch last summer. The local paper phoned the fishery and asked if they could send a photographer to photo the Osprey fishing, the fishery staff said that was fine, the P&J then asked to make an appointment between 9 and 5 !! We fell about laughing and had to remind them that Ospreys do not work 9-5 during the week and tell them something of the reality of wildlife photography! :lmao:
Regards,
Doug.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE