Hello from Abbe Osram and a little update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
John your comments make my heart jump! What a wonderful comment! Love the cloth you have in your avatar picture! Mate you are worth a portrait!
cheers
Abbe
My looks would rot canvas! :)
The gear I am wearing there is a simple smock made from a Dutch army blanket - the hat too!
I love making things having studied "fashion" at art college for 2 years - I turned all I learned to "practical" clothing though!
Despite the art school I cannot paint to save my life ...but I love seeing the work of a real artist!

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Blimey, Welcome back Abbe, we've missed you.

I love the paintings, especially the last one. It was my lack of talent with a paint brush that made me take up photography.

Wayland old boy!!! your are still here, cool! How are you doing? I admit that I too love the last one most. It has to do with that bird, I love them. I gave the painting the title independence. These are very smart birds, for me the wisdom of the forest.
yours
Abbe

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Welcome Home Abbe...good to have you safe and warm...looking forward to catching up...Been keeping myself busy with the scout troop...any excuse to get out and about...:beerchug:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Welcome back Abbe.

Missed your posts.

Now I need to see more of your paintings!

What back technique did you use? (says he of the ruptured discs!)

Ash

Hi Ash,
I am happy that you enjoy my paintings, I am going to show some more in the future. Lets see about the back:
The main thing is that you never ever train short muscles! Period! That includes bicycling. Sit-up training etc. The problem of a slipped or broken disk is a unbalanced buildup of muscles. Most of us build very strong and short muscles in the stomach and legs because we sit all day long infront of a computer, we sit in the car, we sit on the sofa etc. This time IS training time and it doesnt help you to exercise 3 hours in the gym when you everyday build up short and strong muscles on one side of the body.
If you have problems with the back you have to short muscles in the front part of your body, if you suffer from headaches and pain in the back of the neck, you have to hard and short muscle in the front of your neck.
So, people thing that you should only stretch them out but that is not the case. You first stretch them long and then with a very light weight you activate the LONG muscle..

If you keep on thing in mind and that is, train all muscles BUT only long muscles! The other thing is that pain is in the muscles, the back doesnt hurt, pain is programmed into the muscles and you can even have pain when there is nothing real broken.
I could not really walk in 4 years until I found that doctor in Germany call Packi and his teaching. Today I am totally free of pain but in 4 years not much happend as my muscles where still programmed with pain.
Now when you exercise you will have pain and you start slowly working yourself through the pain. Stretch as long as you can, then activate the muscle, let your wife, girlfriend, brother or whoever press against the outstretched arms or back and you work a little against it. Short 10 seconds in the beginning. I broke out a sweat, started to shake etc but as Mr. Packi says, when you can bent your back 45 degrees backwards you have no pain anmore, and he was right.

Here are some old pictures to help you: What out that the green area is totally relaxed, if its not loosen up and do it again. You can notice it when your buttmuscles are getting hard. Thats not good, bent only as much backwards as you are able to keep the butt muscles relaxed. Bending backwards as much as you can, check with your hand that your buttmuscles are relaxed and then you ask a helper to press a very very little on the OUTSTRETCHED Muscle area. Here you see me some years ago getting help from my son.

color.jpg

D_position.jpg

B_position.jpg

B_position.jpg

A_position.jpg

When you do the forward bent, be carefull and start easy on you. There is the tendency that the stomach cramps up and gets hard. Here too like with the buttmuscles in the backwards bend, you should stop.
And start again, bending slowly forward as much as you can, even it is only 5 percent, a half our you do it again and maybe get 6 percent. So bending over check that your stomach muscles are totally relaxed..... and THEN ask the helper to press a very little on your back and you work against it ONLY using you back muscles now when you are bend forward. 5 seconds only then next time 6 seconds etc. Working yourself up and out of the ditch of hell.

Ahh, I forgot: You see in the picture where I bent forward that my toes are gripping into the floor, you should do is everytime you bend forward, whatever you do, picking up something from the ground. Through this you lock the muscle chain and activate them!!!

I wish you all the best my friend. Having a broken disc is hell on earth, I know how you feel but there is a way out of the sh.....i.....t!!!
Anytime you feel a tension in the back after much sitting, stand up and bend backwards. I even do it while standing in supermarket waiting to pay my stuff, all the places I have to stand around and wait I do a little bending time. I give a rats bottom what people think, when my body is calling me into action I bent and live a better life.

yours
Abbe

PS tell me if you have problems and even tell me if you feel better after a while

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland old boy!!! your are still here, cool! How are you doing? I admit that I too love the last one most. It has to do with that bird, I love them. I gave the painting the title independence. These are very smart birds, for me the wisdom of the forest.
yours
Abbe

I'm doing well thank you. I have to admit I've always had a soft spot for Corvids as my Sig. picture might give away.

There is loads of folklore surrounding them and It struck me that you had really caught the character in that picture.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
I'm doing well thank you. I have to admit I've always had a soft spot for Corvids as my Sig. picture might give away.

There is loads of folklore surrounding them and It struck me that you had really caught the character in that picture.

Wayland, I see we have the same love. I too love the natives stories they tell about these birds. Thanks for the compliments to my paintings!
cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE