Hello everyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Hi everyone :) , having viewed the site for afew days I am stepping forward to say hello to you all.

I am very interested in bushcraft though also little knowledge at present and somewhat awe inspired by the amount of experience on this site. I have recently moved to Bedford from the New Forest, which yes I am missing a huge amount but bills to pay! Any advice on 'getting started' is most welcome and I look forward to learning so many new skills over the coming years.

Hello again!

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A warm welcome Aliwren.

Getting started is obviously a personal taste. For me the idea of fire by primitive means is not only where I started but pretty well where I still am!

What do you think grabs you most at the moment?

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Thanks for the warm welcome - abit more about myself. I was in the scout movement for over 12 years and generally got hooked on the outdoors in the Peak Distict. Really enjoyed weekends building own shelters and cooking on campfires. Last year was lucky enough to go on a walk in the woods with Mr Mears which opened my eyes to the whole idea of bushcraft, booked for a weekend course later this year but I am seriously tempted with a week long one, it seems such a vast subject. Are there any meets etc near the bedford area?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Hello and welcome, have a good look around the site, there is proberbly something in here, if not just ask

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE