hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
i'm mike i've just crossed over from the otherside so some of you may know me a little already.
i've been into bushcraft since the bad old days when it was affectionately known as survival.i know some people have differing opinions of raymond mears but i for one thank him for bringing us back into the mainstream and making what we do acceptable again.i dont feel like people think i'm some paranoid cold war era commie fearing loony any more and his first book (which i think is by far his best) has been a trusty companion for many years.
anyway i'm glad we've got a place to speak and learn together although i do spend most of my time on the other i'll pop in for a chat now and then.

cheers all

mike

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Mike,

Personally I don't see what there is in knives but maybe I should look at the site a bit more and try to understand.

Anyway, a very warm welcome from me, down in London.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
try and remember their not just pointy things nasty people want to stick in you. there mans oldest tool used by the originators of all bushcraft our ansectors.
a policeman freind of mine cmae to stay with me at the weekend with the same attitude a few books later (which he didnt put down for the weekend ) and i would'nt say a convert to the otherside but he understood why!

craftsmanship and quality in knives is a thing of beauty and if you appreciate using a fine quality handtool and know about the feeling of satisfaction you get from using it then you'll get the idea.

i would have thought bushcraft quite difficult without quality cutting tools, i'm sure a fire hardened stick wo'nt cutt the cordage youve just prepared in quite the same way!!!!!!

please visit British Blades anytime you'll find the people some of the nicest and friendliest on the internet.

cheers

mike

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Mike,

Welcome and enjoy, like you I started with an interest in whats now called 'Survival' and the liking of sharp shiny things, I think you'll fit in quite well here.

Brian

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome to the other side ..... I guess you know quite a few here already ;) Enjoy the forums and any questions you have just ask.

:)
Ed

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Welcome. The more BB members the better. Means I can get more help when I encounter problems with the birth of my new knife ;)

Polestar

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2005
Lewes
Hi Mike and welcome from an occasional visitor to 'the dark side'. Hope you'll enjoy the forum with 'the real cutting edge'.
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE