Hello all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 28, 2006
Belgium
I visited the site yesterday and was happy surprised with what I found here on information! I think its gonna help me to make our (me and 15 year old son) walking trips a litlle bit more fun, becouse now we only walk and look to the landscape, and sometimes I notice that its pretty boaring for my son :rolleyes:
He had a swamp rat for his birthday (he's scouting to) but dont no what to do with it (except for pointing sticks)
I hang around in the woods since my first walking steps, but he is born in the city and i like to have him more "outdoor" and from behind his PC.
We once tried to make a bow for bowfishing (in France, and almost lost an eye),a sling (and almost lost...) a spear (..) , not all great succeses, so we learn a lot, and hope this site will put us any further.
greetings, Gump

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A warm welcome Gump.

I find this site really helpful to sort out better ways to lose an eye or a tooth.

bartjen 2

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2006
belgium
hello welkom . Ben zelf van belgie Oost vlaanderen nabij gent geraardsbergen
Als je eventueel gegevens wil uitwisselen mail gerust. Great site

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
bartjen 2 said:
hello welkom . Ben zelf van belgie Oost vlaanderen nabij gent geraardsbergen
Als je eventueel gegevens wil uitwisselen mail gerust. Great site

Translation:
Hello welcome. I'm from Belgium East Flanders, near Gent Geraardsbergen
If you want to exchange information, feel free to e-mail. Great site.

EDIT:

Welcome to BCUK Gump! :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hiya and welcome to the forums.... I'm sure you'll find loads of little projects to try by scouring the forums and archives.

:D
Ed

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Welcome Gump. My son is 18 and lives partly in the city, partly in cyberspace and partly on another planet. He gets it from his mum of course. We were going to meet up at the Christmas moot but he's gone and got himself a weekend job - kids today, so selfish!

Like you I'm hoping to learn more bushcraft so that we can make our trips into the wilds more interesting. I think bushcraft is a brilliant way for a father and son to bond. Well, it's the natural way isn't it - been happening for milennia.

:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi there
I used to live in Belgium when I was a teenager. I lived in and around Brussels for 10 years, the longest time spent in Tervuren, and I was the very first enroled pupil at The British School of Brussels. I have fond memories of my stay, especially of hiking in the Ardenne. It was on these walks that I found my love of the great outdoors.
I am afraid that I only learned to speak French not Flemish - a great oportunity missed!
Welcome to the site!
John

Nov 28, 2006
Belgium
Thanx for the reply's to my introduction, the PC here was crashed :lmao: , so thats why I'm a little late for a thanx. I can help myself in the outdoors, but PC hardware and software is not my thing, but, still happy he's running again.
greetings, kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE