Helle Temagami - Passaround

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
OK, as per the thread title I am prepared to offer a brand spanking new, never been used laminated stainless Helle Temagami for passaround to BCUK members (provided there is enough interest).

In order to take part in this passaround you agree to the following simple rules :

All participants must be 18 years old or above and have a minimum of 100 posts or a years membership of BCUK; another BCUK member who fits that criteria may vouch for anyone who has only recently joined BCUK, but on your head be it...

You agree to use the knife in a manner that is both safe to you and the people around you. You are solely responsible for your own safety, so like any other sharp tool assure yourself that it is in sound working condition before you use it. You also agree to use the knife responsibly - no throwing, batoning through tree trunks, constructing log cabins, digging tunnels to China or any other nonsense :rolleyes:

This passaround is aimed at letting people gain a feel for the Temagami, which I am a very big fan of (see my initial review thread for details).

This is an opportunity for evaluation and not an invitation for destructive testing. I can break any knife if I want to, and I expect folks to observe some fairly basic fundamental common sense if they choose to take part in this passaround, and to observe the spirit in which this offer is meant.

Please ensure the edge leaves in as good a condition or better than it arrived.

Each person is responsible for the knife until it reaches the next person on the passaround list. It must be sent Special Delivery with proof of posting and a tracking number.

Each person gets the knife for a full week starting from the time they received it. If there is a problem please notify me and, if possible, the next person on the list, and we can re-jig the order of mailing accordingly.

I would be grateful if each person could just post in this thread when they send the knife to the next BCUK member, and also on receipt of it, followed by any observations in use and your thoughts on performance, design and so on.

Please remember that this is a good knife, bought at my own expense, and I stand to gain nothing from this other than (hopefully) swelling the ranks of Temagami fans.

I require a postal address and a phone number of participants, and an email address would be handy as well.

For now, it will be for maximum of 10 participants. Depending on how it goes and level of interest, it may get extended.

Please add your interest in participating.

Let's hope I am not thoroughly embarrassed by this in the event that everyone decides they don't want to play with the Temagami...

:)

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If you put my name at number 4 and move both mayfly and shaggystu up one in the list I can pick up the knife from Stuart after he's seen it, saves on postage and safer.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
If you put my name at number 4 and move both mayfly and shaggystu up one in the list I can pick up the knife from Stuart after he's seen it, saves on postage and safer.

good idea ged, i like the ideas that save me money!

stuart

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
1. the big lebowski
2. ged
3. mayfly
4. shaggystu
5. dave 53

Last edited:

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
OK, so far we have:

1. the big lebowski
2. mayfly
3. shaggystu
4. ged
5. dave 53
6. Dark Horse Dave

Thank for those who already sent their contact details - anyone who didn't, would you mind doing so please ?

I will be receiving the stainless Temagami tomorrow (one of the first to do so in the UK :D) and after briefly checking (read admiring) it I will parcel it up and get it on its way to the big lebowski, just in time for the weekend too :)

So all things being equal (and assuming the knife arrives tomorrow) the passaround should begin this week :)

I have reworked the order of participants to place ged at number 4, as requested.

PM on its way to the big lebowski to confirm that end of this week/this weekend will be a suitable delivery opportunity.

More bulletins as news warrants...

:)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
OK, so far we have:

1. the big lebowski
2. mayfly
3. shaggystu
4. ged
5. dave 53
6. Dark Horse Dave
7. luckylee.

oh yes i'm in on this, thanks for doing this mate, very generous

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Yes please. Will PM Details

1. the big lebowski
2. mayfly
3. shaggystu
4. ged
5. dave 53
6. Dark Horse Dave
7. luckylee.
8. Snozz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE