Helle Leukku group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
At this point I'm just guaging interest in a group buy of the Helle Lappland knife
http://www.whitbyandco.co.uk/rangeview.cfm?parentitemid=269&rangeid=1030&keywords=
I work in a hardware store and one of our suppliers have started stocking Helle. It's not the sort of product we would carry but I might be able to talk the boss into giving me a good deal if I could get a big enough order. I'll have a talk to him about price if there is any interest.
I'd have to be looking for at least ten people for it to be workable.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Seems quite expensive (£99) in its non-discounted state. I can buy a Stromeng Samekniv 9" Carbon Steel Blade and leather sheath for £55 without any discount......
Is Helle that much better?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Couldn't really say if it's better as I've never used either. I've used Helle knives before and they have all been good. This one is a stainless as opposed to carbon. I agree that it's pricey hence the attempt to get a discount. The discount deal probably won't be huge as we are a proper bricks and mortar shop rather than an internet operation....

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
The Stromeng is great and it would take a a lot to buy better value

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The Helle are real quality. I prefer a smaller blade and have really got to grips with the Fjellkniven, a much shorter carbon steel set-up. Very sharp and a lovely feel to the handle. I bought mine in Norway and they just feel 'right'! The smaller blade is not suitable for every task but for most jobs, you don't need a large blade.

Maybe it's worth looking at a group buy for a smaller utility knife? They're better value, I think.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I have got a Helle S80 falkenkniven (sp?), in stainless, it's a very simple looking knife but it feels confident in the hand, to say its stainless i get a very good spark with it from a fire steel. Sheath ok but not the best, i will in time get it re-sheathed with something more fitting when funds allow.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
99 sponnies for the Helle Lappland is very expensive.

You should be able to find that knife for a little more than half that price.

http://www.helle.no/go.cfm?id=66175&type=text&lang=nob&path=0,66168,66169,66175

They have English pages, you can find international stockists and perhaps order over the net. Remember if you order from the EU for delivery within, there is nothing extra to pay (unlike ordering from the states, when the customs/handling/admin charges can soon mount up)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE