Helikon Pilgrim Anorak - anybody got one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I have a self confessed Jacket fetish and kit in general to be honest, and the hunt for the perfect scrafting smock/coat/jacket continues,
So when this popped up I thought hmmm looks useful.

I haven't had the best experience with the helikon brand but things change and it looks like they have had a good think about the pilgrim.

HELIKON PILGRIM ANORAK JACKET
Helikon_Jacket_Anorak_Pilgrim_Coyote_1_1200x1200.jpg

Anyone got one and what do you think?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Looks a very nice piece of kit to me,although the Woodsman looks better I reckon.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I've had mine for the best part of a year now and it's been spot on for my needs.

I spent an unhealthy amount of time dithering over the Helikon Pilgrim or Woodsman smocks. I went for the Pilgrim because I preferred the arrangement of pockets and how it seemed a bit longer at the back.
I went for my normal size and the fit is fairly spacious, giving me room for a couple of decent layers underneath (I wore my pile lined Montane Extreme smock under it during the recent cold spells).
I really like how it has lots of options to vent. The pit zips work well for that as do the mesh lined chest pockets.
The half length zip makes it easy to get on/off.
The build quality on the smock has been excellent, every bit as good as my fjallraven kit.
I've not proofed it but it handles a shower well enough, will probably use some nikwax cotton proof on it at some point in the future. You could proof it with fjallraven greenland wax it but I think the Nikwax cotton proof is better as it won't compromise breathability.
All in all, I've not really got anything bad to say about the smock!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
As the above! Go for it - it is a superb top. I don't normally like the over-the-head anorak-type things but this has converted me. It is practical, very hard wearing and extremely well-made and built. I put a bit of Greenland wax on the shoulders and hood which has now 'thinned' but have never had any issues of it wetting out in grim weather. I love it and reckon that you will too, if your order one.

Reactions: Barney Rubble

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Don’t own one but want one. Good reviews as good as fjallraven for a 3rd of the price. Good review of a similar helikon jacket by original outdoors on you tube.

I like the pilgrim better than the woodsman longer front zip. Just not sure on their sizing being a 46” chest.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Don’t own one but want one. Good reviews as good as fjallraven for a 3rd of the price. Good review of a similar helikon jacket by original outdoors on you tube.

I like the pilgrim better than the woodsman longer front zip. Just not sure on their sizing being a 46” chest.
I'm a 46 chest and got the XL and it's been ideal for me as it left plenty of room underneath for a base/mid layers

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The perfect Anorak does not exist, one of these days I shall have somebody make one to measure with the sleeves the length I need them, the pockets where I want them and a couple more that nobody ever includes, side zips or buttons to ease it on and caped shoulders to throw off the rain.

Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE