Heinz new soups, `squeeze and stir`

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
005-7.jpg

They are rather nice.

More expensive than dry cup a soups though. (some shops doing them 2 for £1)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Plus if your peckish and in a survival situation u can just bite the corner off and squeeze them straight into your mouth,,

It makes you wonder how piddly a `5 a day` is if it can go in that little packet...

There is no-one actually regulating what people can count as a 5-a-day and what people can't, hence why ridiculous things like Heinz hoops count [apparently]

It is means to be only fresh fruit and vegetables, but many companies have jumped on the bandwagon now and claimed that their food counts.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Any of the main supermarkets carry them Liam, our local Morrison's had them.

I'm not a fan. I think I'd rather carry a tube of tomato puree and just add that to stuff to make soup or sauce. I found them very bland.

The ten cal cuppa soups from gourmet foods though, those are surprisingly good. Little flavour sachets too :)

cheers,
Toddy

Elen Sentier

There is no-one actually regulating what people can count as a 5-a-day and what people can't, hence why ridiculous things like Heinz hoops count [apparently]

It is means to be only fresh fruit and vegetables, but many companies have jumped on the bandwagon now and claimed that their food counts.

Except potaoes are apparently NOT a vegetable! At least not in the various 5-a-day mallarky. And the one sultana in chocolate cookies does count ... :headbang:

Elen Sentier

Any of the main supermarkets carry them Liam, our local Morrison's had them.

I'm not a fan. I think I'd rather carry a tube of tomato puree and just add that to stuff to make soup or sauce. I found them very bland.

The ten cal cuppa soups from gourmet foods though, those are surprisingly good. Little flavour sachets too :)

cheers,
Toddy

Not tried the squeezy thingies but agree a tube of tomato puree in the pocket is a good idea. I also carry a small plastic bottle of Tamari as well, those two + some lentils and onions (dried if need of low weight) and garlic make a smashing soup.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A little tahini, a little tamari, a bit of garlic and a bit of tomato puree and a mugful of organic brown rice - a comforting meal for one or soup for four :)
You could use squeezy tomato soup if need be ....

Elen Sentier

A little tahini, a little tamari, a bit of garlic and a bit of tomato puree and a mugful of organic brown rice - a comforting meal for one or soup for four :)
You could use squeezy tomato soup if need be ....

Not found tahini except in a jar, so heavy. OK if I've got the car as base camp. Japanese seaweed (dried) also good to add, or you can just add hot water and have it as a drink/soup. Reminds me of the stuff they drank up on the ice in "Left Hand of Darkness", may be where Le Guin got the idea.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not found tahini except in a jar, so heavy. OK if I've got the car as base camp. Japanese seaweed (dried) also good to add, or you can just add hot water and have it as a drink/soup. Reminds me of the stuff they drank up on the ice in "Left Hand of Darkness", may be where Le Guin got the idea.
I just decant the amount of tahini I will need into a small plastic tub.... same with peanut butter for "Ghanaian soup" of peanut butter, chili flakes (or piri piri), rice, onion :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE