Heineken Pot Cooking System

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So I was a little bored the other day and remember seeing this light weight cook system on the web so I thought I would put it together. I gotta say... I like it. I have a Jet Boil system but I think think is kinda just as good and far less noisy and SUPER CHEAP!

Made a Penny Alcohol Stove. Cut the top of a 24 oz Heineken Pot (use side cutting can opener). Used hardware cloth for the stand. Took 2 different size Food Storage containers, cut out the middle of the screw on lids, ducted them together. I put holes in the smaller container and I can use it to make coffee with a filter. It slides right into the bigger container. Water Boils in about 6-7 minutes (2 cups). Fuel bottle, windscreen and stove all fit inside no prob. Just gotta wrap some heat cloth around the pot.

1230408053032.jpg

1231450466744.jpg

1231450555902.jpg

Thought some might find it interesting although I am sure ALOT of you have already seen it :)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i was looking at these yesterday again,and fancied making one .but we dont get the heineken pots like that here .are you in the states buddy.i,ve never seen them in the uk anyway. :confused:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Heineken contacted a certain US pop can stove and Heineken cook pot maker to instruct them against selling the cans for heating anything for human consumption, as the lining in the can was never intended to be heated above room temp!

Heineken's chemists/engineers stated that the issue is health related.

This was discussed over on the Backpacking Light Forum, which is where I read it.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I made a penny stove from the Heineken can, but use it with my billy can instead of another Heineken can. Works pretty well although I haven't made a windscreen for it yet and I think that may be slowing down my boil times a bit.

PennyStove010.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE