Heavy duty hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Does anyone know where I can get a hammock rated for 200 kgs weight?

I want to go on a night out, and I've done some with a shelter on a raised bed of logs etc, however I'd like to experience a hammock.

Since shattering my knee 10 years ago, I've ballooned in weight and I'm at the 160kg mark, however I want a 200kg rated hammock on the safe side.

I know they aren't big to begin with, but don't ask, don't get.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Awesome, thanks. Ordered!

If it is the same as mine (certainly looks it) they're a really capable bit of kit for the money. Mines served me for about 3 years of fairly regular use

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Good to know. Physio has given me the green light for extended walking and light jogging, so weightloss is on the cards, but want a hammock to get that will hold my weight suitably.

May also look at filming my antics :)

Bloodhound

Nov 17, 2015
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Very interesting info this. Good thread. I'm a big lad too and have been worried about capacity of some of the hammocks and it has put me off giving it a try. That CAMTOA hammock seems like a good buy. Shame they didn't do it in a green colour. However, I also found this hammock which looks interesting and is similarly priced. No affiliation to the brand or anything, just looks like another option.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Very interesting info this. Good thread. I'm a big lad too and have been worried about capacity of some of the hammocks and it has put me off giving it a try. That CAMTOA hammock seems like a good buy. Shame they didn't do it in a green colour. However, I also found this hammock which looks interesting and is similarly priced. No affiliation to the brand or anything, just looks like another option.

You can always dye them if colour bothers you, it never has for me but I understand why it would

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE