heart broken

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
My Dog is a whippet x staffie just 2+1/2 years old ,and keeps injuring her left shoulder ,so took her to the vets.Vets said to have her in and x ray her and see what's wrong .found out she has server arthritis in her elbow and shoulder .she has to have a jab now for 4 weeks and tabs for 6 weeks .the worst part is she can never play with other dogs again which she loves . that really breaks my heart as she is such an active dog and loves walking with me in the woods and running around ,playing with other dogs

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Quality of life Mike. I have rheumatoid arthritis, it's a bit of beggar, but I still do things I know I really shouldn't just because they're fun. That emotional high is worth the pain at times :D

Sorry your dog's in pain though, but playing needn't be a rough house that will hurt. Calm and easy is still good :)

atb,
Toddy

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Aw...sorry to hear this, sounds as though she's a very loved pup which is the thing she needs most :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Sorry to hear chap especially in such a young dog, but remember dogs are aLot tougher than us and get on with things with a lot less winging! So I'm sure you'll have many happy years yet

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
my sympathy, love my animals and feel very anxious if they are poorly. I'm sure a good owner like yourself can make sure she has a good many years with you!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ask your vet about Rimadyl. It's worked well for two of my dogs so far; the first had arthritis, and the current one had a deformed rear hip joint. She required surgery to partially correct but it left her without a ball joint and she still needs the Rimadyl to allow her to stay active. It's a prescription med but it's not overly expensive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE