Headwear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Sorry, if it has been discussed before, but the search engine don't take small words... :roll:

What do you wear on your head? I have 2 choices: a summer 'Boonie' hat (dark navy blue) or a wool 'patrol' hat like this (black).

The boonie is for summer mostly. Mine is dark blue and has 2 pockets. They are big enough for watch compass, needle, thread, matches, plasters and safety pins. :shock:

The patrol hat is wool. Very nice for windy and cold conditions. My favourite of the two. :wink: It's always in the rucksack or on the head (mostly on the head). :biggthump You know the fact that up to 50 % of the body heat can go lost via the head.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Ive two,a US issue olive drab boonie for summer use and a black US issue gortex/wool watch cap/beenie for winter.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Heres my nut cover, Bush tucker man style acubra... i love this ol hat :wink:
Picture1094.jpg

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
A tilley ltm5 I picked up cheap on ebay for summer wear, whatever fleece hat I can find when I need it in winter.
Cheers
David

hootchi

Settler
For summer i'v got a green boonie only to keep the sun off my ears and to put it in streams and wear it!! For winter iv got a trusty wool full face balaclava (some people stare, but i just stare back and they run away :naughty: :nana: ) and if its really cold i use a fleece hat aswell

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
For spring, summer and autumn i use a Rogue Original Bush hat, waterproofed with Nikwax Aqueous Wax (it works on anything leather, not just boots!)

For winter, a trusty woolen beanie hat.

There's always a shemagh and a bandanna in my pack as well, whatever the season, 'cos they're just so useful.

I've got an Akubra style leather hat I picked up at The Great Dorset Steamfair. I have a larger than average size head (Have to have room for all the brains in it :wink: ) and I've been trying for years to get one that fits. Finally found one and worn it in hot and cold weather, it's great :super: I've proofed it with a similar thing to aqueous nikwax and it is more comfortable that any wooly or fleece hat that I've ever had.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've got an Aussie Swagman which I've waterproofed, never go out walking without, it'll pack well without damaging the hat, keeps the sun off and if it rains just forces out over your shoulders intead of down your neck, don't know how I got on without it.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I wear several different types of head coverings. Depends on time of year and what I'm doing. I sometimes wear a ballcap for summer and spring. Unless I'm out in the bush, then I wear an issue boonie in woodland camo or one of many bandanas, but usually a deep red bandana either as a headband or a do-rag. Colder times find me in a wool crusher and ear biting cold I'm wearing a wool watchcap. Been thinking about getting a Tilly hat, but just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a hat.

Tyr

Oct 10, 2004
UK N Cyprus Canada off and on
Fox for the real cold, rabbit for the not so real cold, various wolly hats and a couple of balaclavas and an Accubra, a Tilly, a Gurkha slouch hat, various ball caps, a stetson, a US Marine drill instructor hat and....... I guess I have a few and it kind of depends on what I'm doing and where I'm doing it.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
For summer I have a cheap £1.99 desert boonie copy because I don't care what happens to it and I burn REALLY easy and for winter use I have a dull grey Lowe Alpine fleece jobby... dead comfy and warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE