headtorch recomendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I've got a petzl pixar 3. It's a bit chunky, but it takes 2AA, it's waterproof and very rugged. The control knob is easy to use with gloves. About 50 lumens I think, which is pleanty bright enough for a night in the woods.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Unfortunately, i have decided in my wisdom to let this and the other thread alone! Much as i wanted a lot of entertaining fun, and i would have won! I had some stuff up my sleeve, but being a gentleman and this being a helpful family friendly site.

I will retire gracefully, shame really.

Ivan...

Well said Dougster.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I dont much care about some comments below and i eventually bought one!Thanks guys for your recomendations,it helped:),,,
I got a unbranded zoomable,500LM off ebay.It arrived today and im chuffed,plenty of light in both zoom and wide modes........just the job!

Last edited:

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Remember the adage, 'If you ignore them, they eventually go away?' Let it lie.

Yea, words of wisdom...thanks Dougster. Back on track, I have a Petzl Myo rxp and a tikka xp. The tikka is much more campfire friendly as it has a red option to help preserve night vision whereas the Myo lights up the moon!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE