Heads up, small trugs

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi all
for a couple of weeks now I've been using a small Rhino Flexi Tub (AKA a trug) as a general purpose container, bag, bucket etc for around the shed.

We've been using the bigger versions as wash baskets for a while and when I saw ASDA was selling the smaller ones I got one. I'm finding it to be extremely useful; for example today I used it to carry the makings of a stew dinner (stove, pans, bowls etc) to the picnic site I'd chosen rather than fit it a rucksack as I didn't have to carry them far and could use it as a washing up bowl.

Anyway, it's proven so useful and versatile that I'd like to point out that ASDA is flogging them in a range of colours for £2 a pop. On the way back I picked up a spare (tastefully "bushcraft" green ;-{D) for myself and 3 others for members of the family who have coveted mine.

TRUGS1.jpg

also available in a pale blue and pink...

No connection to the company, although they are made in the UK, just a fan.

ATB

Tom

PS the full sized, 40 litre, trugs are only £3 at the moment as well, they are great for washing large items in, amongst other things

Last edited:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Funnily enough, SWMBO came home with a couple for around the garden this afternon, and I thought they looked handy for camping...taking washing up to wash point etc.

A couple for the kitchen tent might be aquired tomorrow...

Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Another vote for these :D, cheap, sturdy, excellent for all manner of washing, soaking, dyeing, gardening, storing, tasks.
I bought two last year and they were a heck of a lot dearer than the Asda ones, so when I saw theirs I bought some more :D

cheers,
Mary

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I've been using one in the back garden today. Very useful.... first used one for plastering as because they are flexible plaster can be left to dry then knocked off the walls easily.
D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hear on good authority :rolleyes: that filled with water and milk jugs put into them and a teatowel draped over them and allowed to get wet, that it keeps the milk cold by evaporation............works on beer cans too ;)

cheers,
Toddy

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I hear on good authority :rolleyes: that filled with water and milk jugs put into them and a teatowel draped over them and allowed to get wet, that it keeps the milk cold by evaporation............works on beer cans too ;)

cheers,
Toddy

Hmmmmmm I like yer thinkin' :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Right, into the 24 hr Asda tomorrow!

I have two big uns I use for mixing compost with sand, chopping sticks, container for the chipper etc.

Brilliant things

Great Heads Up - Thank you!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE